enterprise:inmation is an industrial information management system built for the IoT and Industry 4.0 age.
It lets industrial manufacturers, system vendors and integrators create a uniform real-time data infrastructure out of heterogeneous sensor, device and systems environments, distributed on super-regional scale.
An infinitely scalable real-time data middleware for the enterprise, a true system of systems.
We are celebrating early adopter market success with fortune 500 customers and search for talented, high-motivated team players, helping us to reach next levels of global recognition and further pace setting. All advertised positions are gender-neutral. inmation is a multi-cultural company by the heart.
We are looking for a
Technical Writer – Documentation Team
We are looking for a technical writer to join our documentation team at inmation in Cologne. The position will involve creating and editing documentation for our industrial software product including design of diagrams and figures, researching and writing online content, producing training materials and working with and providing feedback to the software development team.
inmation is a small but fast-growing software company that develops an automation and data integration software product for a variety of industries. The aim of the documentation team is to provide clear, accurate and informative documentation to support the software product with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and user experience. You will be working closely with members of other teams (software development, customer support, QA) to document new features and also to correct and improve the existing documentation. It is a fast-moving development environment and often requires becoming rapidly familiar with new concepts and complex technologies and then explaining them in a clear and concise way to a new audience.
The candidate should have the following skills and abilities:
- Native English speaker or high level of spoken English
- Strong English writing skills and comprehension
- Background of technical writing including editing
- Scientific or technical background
- Experience with IT environments and software tools
- Fast learner and adaptor with a willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts to others
- Attention to detail
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement and quality
- Problem solving
- Ability to work in collaboration with others
- Can work independently and is self-motivated
- Willingness to take the initiative
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
Advantageous but not essential:
- Knowledge and experience of programming or scripting languages
All advertised positions are gender-neutral. inmation is a multi-cultural company by the heart.
We are looking forward to meeting you soon in person. inmation is a fast growing technical innovator still keeping a family-like attitude across a group of highly passionate individuals.