enterprise:inmation is an industrial information management system built for the IoT and Industry 4.0 age. It lets industrial manufacturers, system vendors and integrators create a uniform real-time data infrastructure out of heterogeneous sensor, device and systems environments, distributed on super-regional scale. An infinitely scalable real-time data middleware for the enterprise, a true system of systems.
We are celebrating early adopter market success with fortune 500 customers and search for talented, high-motivated team players, helping us to reach next levels of global recognition and further pace setting.
All advertised positions are gender-neutral. inmation is a multi-cultural company at its heart.
We are looking for a
Software Engineer in Test, Senior or Junior
As can be glimpsed from About Us, our system is a complicated beast that deals with streams of data on a massive scale. The quality of our software can only be assured if we can approximate – and exceed – the real-world use of our system in our test lab. It follows then, that even a manual one-off test might need automation and scripting. But we also need to run automatic tests. We need to run stress tests for days and weeks. All of that needs automation and scripting. To top it off, our system is scriptable internally, and has external APIs, which also need testing. Therefore, our Quality Assurance is first and foremost Software Engineering. We are looking for software engineers with experience in applying their craft to software quality assurance (Senior role) and software engineers who would like to gain such an experience (Junior role). You will most likely have to work with C# or Lua; we also use C++ and Python, which you might occasionally want or have to use. For both roles the minimum requirements are:
- You have at least a Bachelor degree. Yes, in any field, if you qualify below.
- You are an advanced user of at least one modern operating system.
- You are familiar with concepts such as networks, databases, servers, communications and information security.
- You are comfortable using some programming language (or script) to get things done. No, it need not be one of those mentioned above.
- You are not afraid of having to learn new things and new skills. We rely on this rather than specific technologies that you have to know upfront.
- You can deal with plans that change daily.
- You speak English fluently. Yes, it will be your everyday working language.
For the Senior position, we additionally require:
- You have been gainfully employed as a software engineer in either development or quality assurance for at least two years.
- You are familiar with modern software development and lifecycle management methods.
- You have a working knowledge of any modern source control and defect tracking system.
- Your attitude is to automate what can be automated. Next.
For the Junior position:
- You aspiration is to move into the Senior role as soon as you can.
Your assignment will be at our headquarters in Cologne, Germany.